Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pro Ana

I know there is some controversy both outside and within the pro ana/mia community as to who qualifies, why it exists, who is responsible if someone hurts themselves etc.

I love proana blogs. I love thinspiration. I love tips and tricks. I love it all. I'm sure I don't qualify as a pro ana member because I SUCK at anorexia. I just admire, fear, love, and hate them. I think I am pretty disordered when it comes to my eating/dieting/body image, but beyond that... I am what I am. Be pretty and strong and skinny my sisters!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think that it all depends on your view. I do not endorse choosing anorexia. But if, like me, you are already disordered and want, how shall I say, a more productive disorder, why shouldn't you be pro-ana? Pro-anorexia. In favor of free speech and self-determination. I'm fat too, fatter than you, and I definitely feel like I qualify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I've been a disordered eater since I was in 4th grade. I do love pro-ana sites, I'm just not sure this blog can be one. Maybe a borderline proana site? Does that exist? Thank you so much for your comments!

    ReplyDelete